that I add and delete songs to daily in hopes of finding that perfect mix of music that soothes her, but that I can also enjoy (hence no twinkle twinkle or itsy bitsy). Since I carry my iPhone with me everywhere (including around the condo) it is my go to move when she is fussy no matter where we are. She seems to like it, especially when I sing along, so I figured I would share it with you all (well, the abridged version):
- Disney Favorites (I downloaded the Julie Andrews Selects her Favorite Disney Songs) album on iTunes
- Classical Favorites (Debussy's Clair de Lune, Carnival of the Animals: Aquarium, Beethoven's Pathetique, to name a few)
- Jazz: Dave Brubeck, Ella Fitzgerald, Vince Guaraldi (all the Peanuts music), Diana Krall, Sade, Melody Gardot
- Select Lullaby Renditions of The Cure, Pink Floyd, Queen and the Beatles
- Lots of Peter, Paul and Mary (big in my childhood)
- Justin Timberlake's version of Hallelujah from the Hope for Haiti fundraiser (incredible)
- Counting Crows' Anna Begins, India.Arie's Video, *NSYNC's Gone (all songs I love to sing)
- Ray LaMontagne's Be Here Now, Iron & Wine's Naked As We Came, Goldfrapp's A&E and a few classics from the Indigo Girls, Colin Hay and Jeff Buckley
- Favorite Movie Themes: Harry Potter, The Ludlows (Legend's of the Fall), Falling Slowly (from Once), Latika's Theme (Slumdog Millionaire)
And it all ends nicely with Billy Joel's appropriately titled "Lullaby (Goodnight, My Angel)"...
If your baby/toddler has any favorite songs, post them in the comments!!