1. Go out to eat as much as you can. Yes, you can still go out to eat once the baby comes, but not to your favorite fancy restaurant, and not at prime time eating hours. We can go out now at 5:30 if we want to hit the hot spots, which is nice because it is quick service, but some places can't so much accommodate a stroller, and most places don't really want babies there I am sure. We have gone out after she has fell asleep, and had her with us in the stroller, but that is only to local restaurants, not anywhere in the city. And then the entire time we are worried about her being in the way, or making a peep, or it being too loud, so we don't truly get to enjoy our meal. Of course you can use a babysitter, but you will still be worrying about your babe most of the time and will be on a schedule. Again - Go out as much as you can just as a couple!!
|Good Times in Vegas|
|Santorini - One of my favorite places|
4. Have alone time. Once the baby comes, you are never alone. Stay home alone one night and enjoy a glass of wine and a movie. Take a hot bath (while enjoying some wine) by yourself. And when I say alone I do mean by yourself, but also enjoy time alone with your partner at home too.
5. Speaking of alone time with your partner...HAVE LOTS OF SEX. Because you won't be doing it much when the babies start coming!
6. Read books. Read as many books as you can. Do not put it off because you will have NO time to read once the baby comes. That is not true - I read to my daughter every night, and I have read many parenting how-to books, but a novel? No dice.
|I used to enjoy exploring the city with my camera|
8. Go to the movies. You cannot bring babies to the movies - unless it is the "Baby Pictures" that is once a month at the movie theaters. I used to go weekly, even by myself some times. I miss it terribly.
What are some things you miss doing now that baby is here?