I've been searching high and low for some interesting things for Santa to bring my wee one. He's not really in to toys and his big brother has happily passed him down lots of clothes, so my options are limited. I wouldn't even bother with presents if he were the only one, but Santa can't bring presents for my 3-year old and none for my 8-month old. That's way too hard for a 3-year old to rationalize, even if he's the one getting presents. Etsy as been a good source of some interesting things. Here are some things I've found that are on my consideration list, click on the link to see pictures:
- Wall Art: I love the bright colors and art is something that is ageless. (I also love the felt numbers and letters for older kids)
- Taggies: The handmade ones are better than anything in the store. And the animals have a longer shelf life than a blanket. I am biased on this one, since it's made by my sister-in-law (see picture above). It's a week of shameless promotion!
- Silks: Just a fancy name for fabric, but they're great for peak-a-boo and other games...and as they get older, they transform into doll blankets, superhero capes, etc. Plus, they're very earthy and stimulating...makes you feel like a good mom!
- Wooden Animals: Wooden toys are so much more affordable on Etsy and they're darling for play or decoration.
- Rattles: Something different to shake in front of my son's face!
- Felt Play Food: Until he eats "real food" he can chew on these. Great for older kids too.