Inspired by Mama J (Paleo) and my husband, The Grump (low-carb), I am inspired to go on a diet and start exercising. Here is what finally got me up off of my butt:
1) I haven't lost a single pound since December and am quickly approaching a point where I can't blame the weight on the baby anymore.
2) I have been wearing the same four sweaters and three pairs of black (athletic= stretchy) pants since September, and nothing else fits and summer is coming.* I don't want to buy any "real" clothes for my big self.
3) My metabolism has crashed and my appointments with my endocrinologist have been continually postponed since December (right now, I am supposed to meet with her in May!). My thyroid is not going to help me out of this one.
1) I signed up for Weight Watchers, which worked well for me in the past. (The weekly weigh-in alone is a great motivator)
2) I spent a small fortune on new exercise clothes from my favorite label, Athleta
3) I signed up for a 5K in June
Yay, me. But now I reach out for your help. I am not now nor have I ever been a runner, but I need to ramp up to do this 5K. My iPod mix** is extremely dated. Though I love my eighties hits (I get a little boost when I hear "Gloria" by Laura Branigan, and don't lie and say you don't adore that song), I need something a little new. I have some stuff by David Guetta, but what I am really looking for is stuff that's been in clubs or on the radio in the past couple of years that is a regular song that is good to run to (for example, I like "Edge of Glory" by Lady Gaga). I am really out of the loop when I go on iTunes, so if you have a favorite, I would love to hear it!
*I also allowed the purchase of a single dress (red) for special occasions such as attending a matinee movie. I put it on on Saturday and noticed that there is a hole in the sleeve. But it was clean (and no baby food or spit up on it) so I wore it anyway.
**Go ahead, mock my iPod. I can take it.