Hospital: What To Bring?
Some of our Mama’s are low-maintenance, while others are on the high end of the maintenance spectrum. Wherever you fit, here is a compiled list of our must haves:
- Panty Liners: if you have a vaginal birth, you will be bleeding. The pads they have at the hospital are like putting a pillow in your underwear. Bring substantial, but comfortable ones with you
- Bathrobe & PJ’s: When people come to visit you absolutely do NOT want to be in that disgusting hospital gown. If for no other reason than because it has a tendency to spring open at the worst possible moments and honey, you may think you look slimmer now that the baby is out but, trust me, you’ve got a ways to go.
- Socks and slippers
- Going home clothes: something extremely comfortable but not very nice as you still might be bleeding a lot
- Nursing Pillow (if you are there for an extended period of time)
- “Soothies” for your boobs if you are considering breast feeding. Your nipples will be really sore at first and these silicone pads you put in the fridge are a lifesaver.
- Laptop/Book – something to keep you occupied during the down time
- Car Seat
- Something for baby to wear home
- Toiletries for mom and dad
- Lip Balm: This is an absolute must. When you go into labor you are not able to drink anything all day, so it is nice to have something to keep your lips moist.
- Face Wash
Post a Comment