There will be a time when you need to be a story teller – when you’re stuck in traffic, when you’re at the doctors and you don’t want your child to touch a book which another child has coughed all over, when it’s midnight and you’re not turning on the light to read a “real book.” As I see it, there are two easy approaches to storytelling. The first is to simply tell stories from your life, funny events, how you met your husband (probably best to leave out the alcohol references), etc., that you’ve simplified for your child. Even how something "works" can be a story - I explained everything I knew about bobsledding (which I learned on TV) about 100 times last week. The other approach takes about 5 minutes more of pre-thought, but can be limitless in the possibilities. Here are some tips:
1. Create a character. A simple, everyday, profession-based character is easiest for me, fantasy-characters involve too much creativity for late-night stories! Describe what they look like, where they live, and what they do. It’s obviously ideal if you create a character around your child’s area of interest.
- Fireman Pete
- Policewoman Patty
- Betsy Ballerina
- Chef Charlie
2. Give your character a side-kick pet with a funny name. And I use “funny” loosely. For a two-year old, a “funny” name is one they can’t imagine for a pet. A dog by the name of Pizza will bring riotous laughter.
3. Construct a simple story structure that you can use time and time again – basically, just by swapping out some of the details.
- Fireman Pete has a dog that always escapes and starts a fire, which must be put out.
Policewoman Patty solves a simple mystery, for example, Billy’s lost blankie, by collecting three simple clues.
- Betsy Ballerina always loses her shoes before her big performance and must visit three people, who don’t have her shoes, but give her other things that help her become her character (for example, a feather if she is going to be a bird for that show).
- Chef Charlie never has the right ingredients so he makes odd substitutions and ends up making something delicious (or a terrible mess).
4. Add lots of irrelevant details. Engage your child by asking, “What color is Billy’s house?” even if it is not important for the plot. Or make connections to things your child knows, “Billy’s house is grey, just like grandma’s house.”
5. Don’t worry about a moral or a sophisticated plot. Feel free to “borrow” from other stories you’ve read or know. We’re not publishing anything yet!
6. Don’t worry about going slowly or repeating things (giving you time to think about the next step), your child will enjoy these stories more than any book.
Turkish Prime christian louboutin shoes Minister Davutoglu with Iraqi Prime Minister on the 25th Abadi said Turkey and Iran discount christian louboutin will Discount LV Handbags eliminate differences strengthen cooperation to combat the "Islamic State" extremist organization.Abadi and Davutoglu on earth - after the Iraq Strategic Cooperation Council meeting and high-level talks, held a joint uggs on sale press conference in Ankara. Abadi said Iraq will not allow Christian Louboutin Bois Dore any harm uggs outlet to Turkish terrorist organization, Christian Louboutin Daffodile and has been ready for any discount nike jordans threat against cooperation. Iraq hopes to raise the Iraq-Turkey cheap christian louboutin relations to a positive level. He Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags also said Iraq Discount Louis Vuitton is willing ugg australia to christian louboutin sell energy resources through Turkey to the international market.Davutoglu said that Turkey and Iran Bags Louis Vuitton will strengthen military cooperation, training the christian louboutin remise 50% Iraqi army to Air Jordan 11 Gamma Blue fight against the cheap nike jordan shoes "Islamic State" armed extremist groups. The two ministers had discussed ways to strengthen military cooperation.Since ugg pas cher the beginning of June this ugg soldes year, the outbreak of wholesale jordan shoes serious armed conflict in Iraq, including the "Islamic State", including the rebels occupied large swathes of territory in northern Iraq and Cheap LV Handbags west. As Iraq's northern ugg neighbor, cheap jordans Turkey, ugg boots on the fight against "Islamic State" and other issues play an important role.ReplyDelete
With state of the art recording equipment and top notch control rooms, these studios will provide the best gear as well as some much needed expertise to ensure your tracks come out sounding perfect. Recording studios are ideal for anyone who wants to capture music, voice work, or sound effects, and also make a prime location for band rehearsals even when you're not quite ready to record. Show Less.ReplyDelete
Particular producer, Navarro Lopez, Coach Outlet Clearance Sale I Jordan Shoes For Sale think they are Ray Ban Outlet one of the best value wines in the Nike Air Force 1 Cheap Outlet world. Their wines start at about $15 for their Tempranillo [and] their Garnacha for just under $16 is one of the best wines in the province for the MK Outlet Online dollar, he said. Quality, great value.
However, it wasn all grimnews. Journalists were found to excel in abstraction, which is the ability to detect and analyze patterns and relationships that aren Best Yeezys immediately obvious. This indicates a superior capacity Cheap Michael Kors Handbags to outside of the box and make Coach Outlet Online connections where others might not see them..