We have some favorite places that we like to go that I wanted to share with you:
1. 40 Carrots @ Bloomingdales. This little luncheon spot is in the cosmetic section of the Chestnut Hill Bloomingdales (and most other Bloomies). It has a fabulous lunch menu filled with fancy salads and sandwiches as well as hot entree items. It is also a frozen yogurt spot, so dessert is a must have. While they do have a great, healthy children's menu, I am not a big fan children's menus in general so I tend to order M something off the regular menu, or have her just share what I am having. The last time we were there I had the chicken salad sandwich (to die for), which she shared with me, and I ordered her a smoothie to go along with it. It is generally pretty crowded (there is only seating for like 40-ish) on the weekends, so we go early at like 11 on weekdays and basically have the place to ourselves.
|That's right, I am a Lady Who Lunches!|
3. Le Bistro @ Nordstroms. Although I am not a huge fan of Nordstroms the store, I am in love with the restaurant housed within it's walls. Le Bistro (or The Bistro - I can't remember which and Le just sounded fancier :) has a menu similar to 40 Carrots, with fancy salads and sandwiches, which I end up sharing with M instead of ordering off the children's menu. They do have a great menu for children, but I try to stay away from her having fried food or mac n cheese every time we go out. They have been extremely accommodating when we have large parties of Mamas and babies as well. I highly recommend them for a lunch adventure!
4. The Yard House. I think the Yard House has the best traditional bar/pub food around. I know it is known for it's extensive beer collection, but we go there for the food. Since we live down the street from it, we are there once a week probably. They are super friendly to kids, and again there is a ton of stuff on the regular menu for a toddler to enjoy, but they do have your typical kids menu if you choose.
Other places we like to go in Boston area with M:
- Beehive (in the South End - best jazz brunch if you ask me! Great entertainment for the kiddies)
- Legal Seafoods (great kids menu)
- Rox Diner, West Roxbury (very small dining area, fabulous brunch)
- Met Bar (Legacy Place)
- West on Centre, West Roxbury (not the best food, but decent, and very accommodating to kids)
- Smokey Bones (fabulous BBQ in Davis Square)
What are your favorite kid-friendly spots?