What did you get done today? Get it down on the Done List
A day in the life of a shop-owner and mother of 2 girls…
Read on, comment, win a facial!
I used to get stressed and wonder if I should measure the success of my day based on what I accomplished or what was left unfinished on my TO Do list. I decided to counter my daily To Do lists with a Done List and now I can sleep at night! A typical day in the life...
- Got up and immediately went back down for a nap on the couch
- Made French toast breakfast for 2yo
- Ran dishwasher
- Cleaned kitchen
- Checked emails
- Placed Diapers.com order
- Cleaned bathrooms
- Got 3 girls dressed, including hair
- Showed up half an hour late for my first meeting – girls in tow
- Rearranged the store in one department – made a big mess in all other departments
- Took next meeting with Plum District – fabulous family-based deal of the day – check it out here: www.plumdistrict.com
- Dashed home for naptime
- Completed 2 loads of laundry
- Placed Amazon order for lunch bento boxes – stay tuned, this is the subject of an upcoming blog!
- Ordered wooden rocker for patio from www.yliving.com for all the relaxing that won’t get done out there…
- Raced back to the store, arrivivg 20 minutes late for my next meeting – girls in tow – this time with www.EventBrite.com, a central website for all events you are creating or attending, love it!
- Meltdown by 2yo – realized I forgot to feed her lunch and took her to the café next door for mac & cheese
- Next meeting with the lovely Lauren, mom and creator of inspired felt flower pins, baby hats and accessories – check her out here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LittlestDoveDesigns and in store soon at www.cocobaby.co
- Mad dash home
- Bathed and changed 2 yo
- Dropped off kids with grandfather at Upper Crust (www.theuppercrustpizzeria) for pizza dinner
- Picked up free facial gift card from Skoah for THIS blog’s lucky readership!
- Dinner at Teatro (www.teatroboston.com) with new friends
- Watched movie in the theater – “What To Expect When You’re Expecting” – laughed a little, cried a little, most of all couldn’t wait to get back home to my own 2mo baby!
- Fed and settled crying 2mo until we all passed out
If you think this is a long list, you should see what is left on my TO DO list! But I’m not going to let that get me down; from now on I focus only on the DONE LIST and I challenge you to try it out today!
Tell me what you did today and you’ll be in the running for a fabulous FREE ONE-HOUR FACIAL AT SKOAH BOSTON in the South End – www.skoahboston.com - personal training for your skin and the ultimate reward for the busiest juggling Boston Mama!